YouTube Freezes on Chrome and Edge in Windows 10
Get Instant Support
If you wonder why YouTube Freezes on Chrome and Edge in Windows 10. If Edge does not play Youtube videos, no sound is played, YouTube videos do not load or work on the Microsoft Edge browser, or you just see a blank or black screen that does not show up at all This forces you to check the Flash settings, Disable Graphics Processor, Clear Cache, Reset Reset Edge Indicators, which may be helpful in solving this problem. Let's see how.
1: Reload YouTube and restart your browser
Sometimes YouTube hangs because the YouTube web player or browser is temporarily mistaken. You can reload the web page and see if that solves your problem.
2 : Clear the Edge Cache
- At the top right, press the (...) button to access the menu.
- Choose settings
- Scroll to the "Clear browsing data" section and click Choose what you want to delete.
- Mark "Cookies and registered website data"
- Mark "Data and captured files"
- Press the "Clear" button.
- Once the cache is cleared, restart the Microsoft Edge browser and see if you can play YouTube videos.
3 : Reset the edge indicators to the default
Most of the issues related to YouTube on a Microsoft Edge browser are related to the "about: flags" settings of the Microsoft Edge browser. To resolve this issue, open the Edge browser and type about: flags in the address bar of the Edge browser, and then press Enter on your computer keyboard. Then, click Reset all flags to the default option to set the flags to their default settings.
4 : Disable hardware acceleration
When hardware acceleration is enabled, programs can use other hardware components of your system to perform tasks more efficiently. But sometimes, this can pose some problems, including the problem "YouTube keeps freezing." You must disable hardware acceleration on your browser.
If you’re using Chrome
- Click the three dotson the far right, then select Settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Advanced.
- Under System, turn off the Use hardware acceleration when available
- Relaunch Chrome and test. If YouTube still freezes.