Quickbooks Error ps107
QuickBooks PS107 error is one of the most common problems when using QuickBooks software. This usually happens when QuickBooks indicates that an internal file has become unreadable and cancels a PS107 problem message on your system screen. The QuickBooks error occurs when downloading payroll updates. In this post, we will see how to fix QuickBooks Error PS107 in a few simple and quick steps.
Although this error may have several causes, some of which are not identifiable until you perform a full system scan, here are the most common ones:
- You may be experiencing network connectivity issues.
- This may be due to the presence of damaged files in your local files.
- Your antivirus program conflicts with the update files and prevents the installation.
- The Windows Firewall is not configured correctly for these updates.
- You have corrupted entries in your registry.
- There is a more serious problem such as a virus or malware on your system.
Step 1 – Force the program to stop.
- Open your task manager.
- Click the Processes tab.
- Select QuickBooks or Intuit.
- Click Finish Task / End Process at the bottom.
- Reopen QuickBooks afterwards.
Step 2- Update the payroll.
- Insert the payroll CD and select “Get Payroll Updates”.
- Choose employees who currently use payroll.
- Select update.dat or update3.dat in the update disk and click “Open”.
- Click “OK” in the Update Payroll window.
Step 3- Use the single-user mode.
- Go to the file.
- Select “Switch to single user mode”.
- From the File menu, select ‘Backup Company’ and then click ‘Create Local Backup’.
- In the Create Backup window, select ‘Local Backup’ and click the Options button.
- In the Backup Options window, select the desired location for creating the backup copy and click “OK”.
- After selecting the location of your choice, carefully navigate through the rest of the options in the window and make the desired changes.
- Once you have completed the required changes in the backup settings, click “Next” in the Create Backup window.
- It is recommended to schedule future backups.
- Make sure you save the changes.
Step 4- Update your payroll tax table
- Make sure you have an active payroll subscription.
- It is recommended to update your tax table every 45 days.
- Enable the “Automatic Updates” feature in QuickBooks Desktop to automatically get the latest updates.
- Then click on ‘Employees’ and then select ‘Get Payroll Updates’.
- Now select Download full payroll update.
- Finally, click on the update button.
- Click “OK” in the update notification to get information about the changes.
Step 5- Start your computer in selective boot mode.
- Press the Windows button and then type ‘Run’ to open the Run command.
- Type “msconfig” in the next window, and select OK.
- Select “Selective Start” and then “Load System Services” in the window.
- Go to the Services tab and select ‘Hide all Microsoft services’.
- Select Disable All, and then clear the Hide All Microsoft Services check box.
- Make sure the Windows Installer box is checked.
- Restart your computer.
- Reinstall QuickBooks using a clean installation after restarting your computer.
Step 6- Update QuickBooks.
- Go to the Help menu.
- Click on ‘Update QuickBooks’.
- Click Options, and then select the Mark All button.
- Save and click ‘Update Now’.
- Click Reset Update, and then click the Get Updates button.
- Close QuickBooks once the update is complete.
- Right-click the QuickBooks icon and select Run as administrator.