Office 365 Activation Error 0x80070005
Microsoft Office is one of Microsoft’s main products, and like any other product, the activation error also makes it bother. Generally, the system error shows when the system, that is, the Office software on Windows is not capable of validating the license even when everything looks correct. Office 2016 Activation Key installation error 0x80070005 is an error for Office 365, Office 2013 or Office 2016. In this Troubleshooting Guide, we will be able to easily solve Microsoft Office 365 Activation Error 0x80070005.
You can use Activation Troubleshooter for Office 365 and Office 2016 or manually troubleshoot Office 2016 activation error 0x80070005. This shows if the office is not able to verify your license. Problems may be with version, upgrade, temporary failure, number of installations, or product expiration.
The problem is clear. Windows is unable to verify your key or upgrade an office or everyone can not be activated. Because these products are under paid subscription, users must have validity before they can gain full access.
Check if your Office 365 Subscription Active:
- If you have an office subscription, the first thing you need to do is check if the license is still active. You have to see this in your services and subscriptions page
- Go account.microsoft.com and switch to that section.
- Locate Office 365 on that page, and see if it asks to renew or is activated.
- If it asks to renew, then you need to pay and then activate it.
- If its activated follow the link which says Install Office and check if you can install it on the PC or Mac i.e. Office 365 allows you to install on a limited number of devices.
Make sure Office Software is updated:
If you have installed an office in Microsoft Store, then you have to go back to the store and see if there is an update available. If yes, please update. If you have downloaded and installed Office directly from the Microsoft website or disc, then you need to follow the steps below:
Open any Office application, like Word or Excel or Powerpoint.
- Click File > Account.
- Under Product Information, click Update Options > Update Now.
- If you don’t see Update Now, click Update Options >Enable Updates to turn on automatic updates. After that, click Update Options > Update Now.
Often the office license failed to activate because it did not have proper permission. This is a rare situation because most applications are already allowed to activate their products. Perhaps running Windows 10 Office applications with administrative privileges may help to activate it.
- Close all Office programs. You can also check with the Task Manager to see if you are running in the background. If so, close the application.
- Find Word or any other application from the Start Menu list, and right click > run as administrator.
- Go to File > Account > Activate Product.
- See if this works.