Eset error communicating with kernel
The ‘kernel communication error’ is an alert displayed on Windows 10 when ESET attempts to initiate a new system scan or when the security program is loaded by default by the operating system. So, you may receive this error message at startup or when you try to use ESET to scan your Windows 10 computer. Now this problem is not major, but it can ruin your day. Anyway, the best is that it can be easily solved – and the ways to solve the “Kernel communication error” problem are listed and explained in the following instructions.
Usually, you experience this error after updating the Windows 10 system. In this case, the ESET service may be disabled by default, which is why it will not work as expected. In addition, you may receive the same alert if the antivirus program is out of date or if some internal files are missing, situation in which the overall functionality can not be successfully executed on your Windows 10 PC.
1. Enable ESET Service on startup
As previously stated, the ESET program can be disabled for various reasons. in this case, you must follow:
- Press the Win + R hotkey keys on your computer. The Run dialog box will be displayed.
- There, type services.msc and press Enter.
- The Services window now appears on your Windows 10 computer.
- Find the ESET service entry (it should be ekrn.exe) and right-click on it.
- In the list that will be displayed, click Properties.
- In the startup type, the checkbox must be set to Automatic.
- In addition, under Service Status, you should have the “message launched”; otherwise, click Start.
- Now the ESET service will be initialized.
- Save your changes and close this window.
- Everything should work without problems at this stage.
2.Apply any Windows 10 pending updates
You must ensure that there are no system updates pending in the background:
- Press Win + I keyboard shortcuts.
- The system setup window should appear on your device.
- From there, click Update & Security. 4.Next, go to the Update tab.
- If an update package is available, it should be displayed here.
- Just follow the instructions on the screen and resume the flashing process. Restart your device when finished and test the ESET feature.
You must make sure that your security program is running with all available updates installed. So run the antivirus program and navigate to its update engine. Start a search and wait while the program searches for new packages. Updates must be downloaded and installed automatically. In the end, restart your antivirus program and check if the “Kernel communication error” problem still exists or not.
4.Reinstall ESET on your computer
If updating your antivirus does not help you fix the error, try uninstalling and reinstalling the program. You can remove ESET from your computer by accessing Control Panel:
- Click the Windows Search field – this should be the Cortana icon, the one next to the Windows Start icon.
- There, type Control Panel and click the result with the same name.
- The main Control Panel window should now be displayed.
- From here, go to the category.
- Under Programs, click Uninstall an Application. Find the ESET entry and resume the removal process by following the prompts on the screen.