Computer Error Code 651
If you are a Windows user, it is possible that you have Face Error 651 Anytime. Many Windows users are affected by this 651 error code when working online. If you are one of those Windows users, keep reading this article and read carefully the solutions detailed below, which I collected after researching various websites, articles, forums, etc. So, without taking more time, I will go directly to the main. point of this article. The 651 error code typically occurs when the user tries to connect to broadband in the Windows 7/8 or Windows 10 operating system.
It displays a message stating that your modem (or other devices being connected) has reported an error and that the following message is usually “Failed to connect with error 651”. In such cases, the user tries to reboot the entire computer, router, or modem, but you can easily get away with it when you experience this problem in Windows 7/8 / 8.1 or 10 because this code Error 651 displays an error message when the user is working.
The 651 error is a common mistake for Windows users. This happens when we try to connect via a PPPoE connection. PPPoE stands for Point-to-Point Protocol over Ethernet and remotely connects multiple PC users over an Ethernet LAN.
The 651 error occurs for various reasons, such as incorrect Internet and IP configuration or a network adapter driver problem. Although you may not be able to locate the exact cause of this problem, you can try the following methods to solve the problem and solve it step by step.
Solution 1: Restart your computer and modem
The 651 network error may be caused by a computer or modem problem and there may be a problem when connecting. You can restart your modem and your PC / laptop to restore the connection.
- Shut down your computer (make sure you have saved all your current work before shutting down Windows).
- Turn off your modem and unplug it from the power source.
- Disconnect all cables connected to the modem and the computer.
- Wait at least 30 seconds. Then reconnect the cables correctly in your modem and your computer.
- Reconnect your modem with the power source and turn it on.
- Turn on your PC. Once everything is working normally, try reconnecting.
Solution 2: Reset TCP/IP on your Windows
TCP / IP is the short term for Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol and is used as a communication protocol in the private network. They are responsible for the different parts when processing the Internet connection. TCP defines how programs can create communication channels over a network, while IP is responsible for the address of each packet and ensures that it is sent to the correct destination. To resolve error 651, you can also try to reset TCP / IP to reconnect to the Windows network stack.
- Type cmd in the search box on the taskbar. Right-click Command Prompt (If you are using Windows 7, right-click cmd) to select Run as administrator. Then click Yes to confirm.
- Copy the command below and paste it into your command prompt, then hit the Enter key on your keyboard: netsh int ip reset reset.log
- Once the command is complete, restart your PC and try to reconnect.
Solution 3: Disable the auto tuning feature
The Windows Auto-Tuning feature allows Windows to continuously monitor routing conditions such as bandwidth and network delay. It is enabled by default on your computer. If you are using the router as a connection device, this method probably works for you. Follow the steps below:
- Type cmd in the search box on the taskbar. Right-click Command Prompt (if you are using Windows 7, right-click cmd) to select Run as administrator. Then click Yes to confirm.
- Copy the command below and paste it into your command prompt, then hit the Enter key on your keyboard:
- Netsh Interface Tcp set global autotuning = disabled
- Once the command is complete, try your internet connection again to see if it works.
- These are the best methods to repair the internet connection that failed with error 651. What is your solution to this problem? Share with us! And if your problem persists, feel free to comment below and we’ll see what we can do more.
Solution 3: Update The Drivers
Drivers are essential software. Keeping drivers updated is very important too, otherwise you will encounter “651 connection error”. To update the drivers, you must access your hardware website and download the latest version of your driver. Or simply, install the driver agent that will scan your PC and notify the list of obsolete files. You can choose all selections and click update.
Check now after updating the drivers and see if the problem is resolved.