Chromecast Netflix error 40102
If you see an error on your system stating that playback has failed on the selected device. Please try again later. (40102) This usually indicates a network connectivity issue that is preventing your device from accessing the Netflix service. Follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the problem.
- From your system, open the Google Home app.
- If you do not have the Google Home app, download it now.
- Select the Home tab at the bottom left of the screen.
- Scroll to the Devices section and search for your Chromecast.
- If your Chromecast is listed, it is on the same network as your iOS device.
- If your Chromecast is not listed, it may be connected to a different network than your iOS device. Visit the Google Support website for help with changing networks.
- Once your Chromecast is on the same network as your system, try again with Netflix.
Disable any VPN, proxy, or unblocker software
Disable any proxy servers, VPNs, or other software that may be routing your Internet traffic outside of your current region.
For best results, we also recommend that you make sure your machine’s network settings are set to Automatic.
If you need help disconnecting from one of these services or to restore the default settings for your connection, contact your device manufacturer or Internet service provider.
Do you use a VPN or proxy for other reasons, such as for work or for privacy?
Because there is no reliable way for us to determine if a VPN or proxy is being used for legitimate purposes, any VPN or proxy use will prevent you from streaming Netflix. Please disable any VPN or proxy and try Netflix again.
Are you using an IPv6 connection?
Netflix supports any IPv6 connection that is natively provided to you by your ISP. Tunneling services that provide IPv6 over an IPv4 network are not supported by Netflix and may trigger an error message.
- In the iOS Home screen, select Settings.
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Select your current network.
- Select Forget this network.
- Select Forget.
- When the network is no longer connected, reconnect to your preferred network.
- Try Netflix again.
For this step, be sure to leave your device and all your home network equipment turned off and unplugged as a group for 30 seconds before reconnecting each device one after the other.
- Turn off your mobile device.
- Disconnect your modem (and your wireless router, if it is a separate device) from the power supply for 30 seconds.
- Plug your modem and wait for no new LEDs to flash. If your router is separate from your modem, plug it in and wait until no new LEDs are flashing.
- Turn on your device and try Netflix again.