Apple iPad error 4005
A frustrating error occurs for most iOS users “The iPhone [device name] could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (4005) “while trying to restore or update their iPhone, iPad or iPod. The 4005 error is a similar error to iTunes, such as 4013 and 4014, that appears because of the erection technology. Well, this is not a major obstacle to solving the Apple ipad 4005 error, you will get here all the solutions concerning this problem of the most disturbing.
Well, there are many possible reasons such as sudden disconnection of the USB cable, stopping the iCloud backup, incorrect software download or virus infection can cause the 4005 error on your iOS devices when restoring your iPhone or iPad. There are also several solutions that previously worked for some people; you can also try these remedies to solve Apple ipad error 4005.
Before start fixing iTunes Error 4005, check following items.
- Make sure that your device has enough space.
- Check your iTunes is running latest version.
- Charge your iPhone fully.
- Update your system-Mac or PC.
- Use Apple’s original USB cable.
Solution 1: Update your iOS device again
The first solution from Apple to fix the 4005 error in the iPhone is updated to the latest version of the iOS on your device. Try these steps.
- Install the latest version of iTunes.
- Restart your iOS device On an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus: Press and hold the Sleep / Wake and Volume Down buttons for at least ten seconds until the Apple logo appears. On iPhone 6 and earlier, press and hold the Power / Standby and Home buttons for at least ten seconds until the Apple logo appears.
- Connect your device to the computer with a USB cable.
- Now, iTunes asks you to update or restore, click Update to reinstall iOS. If you continue to see the error during the update, try other alternatives
Solution 2: Update your Mac or PC
The obsolete operating system is perhaps one of the main causes of any problems you may encounter on your device during any process. Sometimes the latest version of iTunes does not work better with the older version of the computer. Upgrading to the latest version of the operating system is one of the practical solutions of Error 4005.
Solution 3: Check the USB cable or Use another USB port
Sometimes the simplest solution to various errors is to change the USB port or cable. There may be a problem with the USB cable or the port of your computer. Check the USB cable each time before beginning a process. So check your cable and USB port when you see the iTunes 4005 error and see if there is a positive result.
Solution 4: Restore your device on another computer
The iTunes 4005 error has several reasons, mostly related to the hardware. Once all efforts are made, if you still get the same error, it is possible that your desktop has a problem. So now you can try to restore your iOS device on another Mac or PC and see if the process has been improved.
Solution 5: Restore iOS device in DFU mode
Sometimes you can get the best solution for Error 4005 when you have to try to update your device in DFU mode. Well, I must say that this task is very risky because when you take this process, the DFU restore will delete all your content. But you will get rid of this error with the DFU mode.